i. Disability and Dismemberment Benefit

Up to a maximum of Php 100,000.00 for accident-related injuries


  1. Foreign medical certificate
  2. Medical certificate issued by the local attending physician with medical examination procedure (e.g X-ray, MRI, CT Scan)
  3. Accident Report/Master’s Report for sea-based OFW


ii. Death and Burial Benefits

Php 100,000.00 for natural cause

Php 200,00.00 for accidental cause

On top of the death benefit, a rider of Php20,000.00 will be received by the beneficiaries for the funeral expenses.


  1. Original Death Certificate issued by the local civil registrar or authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
  2. Foreign Death Certificate for OFWs who died abroad including Airway Bill and Consular Mortuary Certificate or No Objection Certificate
  3. Accident Report for death due to accident
  4. Burial permit
  5. Official receipt of funeral expenses
  6.  2 valid IDs and 1 pc. ID picture of the claimant
  7. Certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR) of OFW from PSA
  8. Any of the applicable documents certified by the local civil registrar (LCR) or PSA:  
    • Marriage certificate - if the claimant is the spouse 
    • Birth certificate of OFW - if the claimant is father or mother
    • Birth certificate of the child and death certificate of deceased spouse - if the claimant is the child
  9. Affidavit of Undertaking executed by the claimant (Police report if death is due to an accident)


iii. Supplemental Medical Assistance for OFWs (Medplus)

Supplemental medical relief for active OWWA and PhilHealth member-OFWs who are afflicted with dreaded diseases and were hospitalized, either at the job sites or while in the Philippines. It is financial assistance that is equivalent to the PhilHealth benefits under its case rate system but not to exceed Php 50,000.00 per member.


  1. Duly accomplished MEDplus application form;
  2. Copy of PhilHealth Benefit Payment Notice (BPN*);
  3. One (1) copy of passport-size picture;
  4. Proof of OWWA membership contribution (OWWA O.R., OFW membership record);
  5. Duly notarized Special Power of Attorney executed by the OFW, if the OFW is abroad and filer-claimant is the next-of-kin (NOK)
  6. PSA- authenticated death certificate of deceased OFW and marriage contract or birth certificate of NOK-claimant, if the OFW is deceased. 

* Benefit Payment Notice (BPN) is a report of actual payments made by PhilHealth relative to one's confinement/availment.


iv. Welfare Assistance Program (WAP)

is extended to active or non-active OWWA members or their families not eligible under any of the existing OWWA Social Benefit Programs and Services. 


  • Calamity Assistance - for OWWA members and their families affected by natural or human-induced calamities/disasters
  • Bereavement Assistance - for families of deceased OWWA members
  • Medical Assistance - for OWWA members who have illnesses that are not covered under MEDplus and for members who sustained injuries due to accidents/crimes
  • Relief Assistance - for OWWA members who were displaced/laid-off en masse due to economic/political/health situations.